E-tickets / Paper tickets
Home > FAQs > E-tickets / Paper tickets
1. What is an Electronic ticket or e-ticket?
A. An e-ticket is the electronic version of the conventional paper ticket. It is an electronic record kept in the airline’s reservations system.
2. What are the benefits of an e-ticket?
A. No worries about your ticket being lost or stolen as the eticket is stored in the airlines database. You can use the “Manage My Booking” and take a print of the itinerary receipt, if you have lost your original itinerary receipt.
The itinerary receipt is not a value document, whereas the paper ticket is. A paper ticket is subject to theft and loss, but the Itinerary Receipt is not and it does not matter if it is lost or stolen, since it can easily be replaced.
3. What is the valid photo identification required to be carried with an eticket?
A. Valid photo identification can be any of the following:
• Passport - mandatory for all international travel
• National Id’s for domestic travel - Driving license, Election photo identity card, Income tax PAN card,
Any official Government issued photo ID card
4. What should I do if I lose my paper ticket?
A. Please contact the nearest Air India office in case of lost tickets. An LDPC (Lost Document Penalty Charge) of USD 50 or its equivalent in local currency will be levied per passenger per document reissued and an Indemnity form requires to be submitted as per the prescribed format. This is applicable only in case you are holding the conventional paper ticket and not e-tickets.