Pre Paid Baggage Allowance
Say goodbye to last minute hassles at the airport with our Pre Paid Baggage Allowance Scheme.
Under this scheme a passenger can purchase excess baggage through
Air India’s call centre or at any of the Air India booking offices (CTO) and save 20% compared to airport rates. Excess baggage is the additional weight you intend to carry beyond the permitted Free Baggage Allowance.
The scheme covers all Air India’s domestic and international flights.
The scheme has four slabs for routes on whichweight concept is used to charge for excess baggage. Each slab will have a uniform discount rate of 20%. A passenger can call the call
centre or go to the Air India booking office and purchase for himself a baggage allowance in return for payment. E.g. one can make a payment of INR 1060 and purchase a baggage allowance with a maximum limit of 5 Kgs for economy class. Now the passenger can
travel with an excess baggage going up to a maximum of 5 Kgs without going through the process of making the payment at the airport. Also by purchasing through the call centre or Air India booking office he will be paying 20% less than he would have paid at
the airport. Passenger will not get any refund for any unutilized excess baggage. In the example even if he carries 3 Kgs excess baggage, he will not be refunded for the unutilized 2 Kgs.
Routes where piece concept is applicable, 20% discount will be given on both extra piece and excess weight on the free baggage piece i.e. excess weight above 23Kgs and up to 32Kgs.
The terms and conditions are as follows (Pre-paid Baggage):
- Excess baggage cannot be purchased through call centre or booking office (CTOs) within(6 hrs)hours of departure of the flight on which the passenger is planning to travel.
- Excess baggage is not applicable for Multicity travel, unless the Passenger is in Transit and the Baggageis "Through Checked-in”.
- In case the booking is cancelled as per the fare terms, amount for excess baggage purchased through call centre or booking office (CTOs) will be refunded in full.
- Passenger may cancel his/her pre paid baggage allowance
up to 6 hours prior to scheduled or revised departure, as the case may be, for flightsoperated by Air India.
- In case of date or time change, the excess baggage purchased will be associated to the new flight.
- Excess baggage purchased through call centre or booking office (CTOs) is non-endorsable, non-transferable and not applicable for infant.
- No part or full refund will be permitted at the check-in counter, for baggage weighing lower than the purchased excess baggage limit. I.e. amount for unutilized excess baggage weight cannot be refunded or used on subsequent flights.
- Refund on excess baggage purchased will be applicable:(i) If the passenger chooses to cancel the flight booking 6 hours before departure or(ii) If Air India cancels the flight.
- Purchase of excess baggage through call centre or booking office (CTOs) is applicable for passengers holding a valid e-ticket having ticket number commencing with 098 series.
- Purchase of excess baggage through call centre or booking office (CTOs) is not permitted for Alliance Air, Air India Express and Air India’s code share and interline flights. It is permitted only on Air India flights on any
of its domestic and international routes operated exclusively by Air India flights with Air India flight numbers.
- In case of 'No Show', excess baggage purchased will not be refunded.
- Excess baggage purchased must be utilized by the passenger for the flight booked and for checked-in baggage only.
- Excess baggage facility cannot be used for transportation of any type of cargo.
- In case a passenger is holding a return ticket and wants to purchase pre paid excess baggage for both the segments in his PNR/ticket, he will be required to make two separate payments.